Google

Friday, April 28, 2006

Oracle RLS and Report Builder

First issue I am looking at now that I am proofing the Oracle report builder is how it is going to integrate with Oracle RLS.

Within out reporting system row level security is somewhat important as it stops clients from seeing data that doesn't belong to them. We managed to get around the datasource in RS for normal reports by using a "prompt" driven datasource..... but Report builder doesn't seem to like this kind of datasource and states that it needs one with stored credentials.

When we first hit the issue with the need to store credentials we tossed around the idea of writing a Custom data processing extension to make the connection to Oracle. Looks like this may now be my only choice, so I will start looking at how I can use this to implement a connection with Row level security intact

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home