Google

Monday, April 24, 2006

Report Builder for Oracle

One of the requirements of the reporting system we are building is that it will support Ad Hoc reports. Anyone who has been involved with developing reports for any period of time will realise that this is somewhat of a holy grail for reporting systems..... many have tried only to find a castle full of frenchman...... you silly english pig dogs....


Well when I first got my hands on the report builder that came in SSRS 2005 I was quite encouraged. Here finally I thought is the answer, only to have my hopes dashed to pieces as it did not support connectivity to Oracle datasources... (I even went so far as to setup a DTS package to migrate the data into a SQL server database to see how it worked.....for some reason management wouldn't agree to this..... gee I wonder why)

Anyhow I am here to spread the good word, I have just begun looking at the tech preview for SSRS report builder's Oracle support and so far so good...... now I just have to figure out how tom implement this in a way that won't expose our servers to the entire world :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home